One weekend left before the Christmas week begins! Make sure you use it to get all your DIY out of the way.
Last week, we were invited for a Christmas party to our boss’ house. Not wanting to go empty-handed we brainstormed for ideas on what to gift them. Wine, plum cake and chocolates were some of the options on the table. However, we decided not to go the traditional way and came up with this instead!
Merry X’mas Collage
All you need to do is assign one letter to each person and have them come up with a creative way to represent the letter.
Click a picture with that letter and arrange them all to spell ‘Merry X’mas’ (like in the picture above).
Get the picture framed.
Confetti Tip: You can also use this method to create fancy family Christmas cards for all your friends.
Champagne Flute Candles
What you will require:
- Gel Wax (available at any local fancy store)
- Candle Wick (available at any local fancy store)
- Candle wick holders
- Champagne flutes (glasses) (available at a cutlery store)
- Candle liquid colour
- Ribbons (colour of your choice) (available at any local fancy store)
- Cut the wick approximately two inches more than the required size. Slide one end of it through the candle wick holder (press it to hold it in place) and tie the other end around a pencil.
- Place the holder end at the bottom of the glass, and balance the pencil at the top end. (This is to ensure that your wick stays straight in the glass)
- Take a pan and melt an approximate amount of the gel wax on a low flame on the stove. Add 2-3 drops of the yellow colour to give it a champagne look.
- Do not worry about left over wax as it solidifies and can be stored again.
- Once the wax has melted pour it into the glass. In order to get the look of a bubbly champagne make sure you place the glass away from sunlight (as sunlight helps reduce the formation of bubbles).
- Let it dry and your champagne candle is ready!
- Tie a ribbon around the bottom to make it a lovely gift for a loved one.
Confetti tip: You can also use the same technique with shot glasses and two drops of green or blue colouring to make kamikaze shots.
Christmas Advent Calender
Advent is the most fun part of Christmas!
Click here! for some excellent ideas on how to make different Advent Calenders.
Candy Cane Marshmallows
These are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike! Learn how to make them – here!
Come back tomorrow for some amazing DIYs, that are sure to make this Christmas the most special one yet!